Aims and objectives
The objectives of the research were to:
- Develop a common vocabulary to describe and enable children's research and innovation activities across Key Stages 3 and 4 in all schools.
- Produce empirical evidence of the impact of children's collaborative research and innovation in schools on their attitudes, aspirations and achievements in other areas, and on the cultures and practices of their schools and communities.
- Use pilot projects in schools to develop good examples of curriculum activities that enable children to take personal responsibility for tackling problems through collaborative research and innovation.
- Test and develop digital tools that help students and teachers carry out collaborative research.
- Develop approaches to assessment that enable children and teachers to evaluate and improve children's skills as collaborators, researchers and innovators.